Four Things to Say When Tempted to Sin Sexually:
- "This is not WHAT God wants for me." (1 Thes 4:3)
- "I CONTROL my body." (1 Thes 4:4-5)
- "I don't want to face God's CONSEQUENCES ." (1 Thes 4:6)
- "That's not WHO I AM ." (1 Thes 4:7-8)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
int: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
- Why do you think sexual immorality seems to be a more prevalent sin than other sins? Why do you think it's a more readily accepted sin than others (e.g. murder, stealing)
- Paul says that each of us should know how to control our own body, in holiness and honor (v4). What are some ways that we can control our bodies, or "discipline ourselves"(1 Cor 9:27) to avoid sexual immorality. Be specific!
- What does Paul mean by "the Lord is an avenger in all these things" (sins related to sexual immorality, v6)? How does God "avenge" sexual sin, even regarding believers?
Confess any struggles you have in this area and pray for each other. If you are not struggling, how have you learned to "discipline yourself" (1 Cor 9:27)?