What Happens to Christians who die?
Four Words of Comfort for the Living:
- We don't have to WONDER what happens when we die. (1 Thes 4:13)
- Jesus gets us to HEAVEN . (1 Thes 4:14)
- Jesus is coming back to GATHER all His people. (1 Thes 4:16-17)
- Someday, we will ALWAYS be with the Lord.(1 Thes 4:17)
Luke 16:22-23, 2 Corinthians 5:8, Philippians 1:23
John 14:2-3, 1 Corinthians 15:23, 51-52, Philippians 3:21
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- Can you explain the sequence of events Paul lays out in v13-18 regarding the Rapture and the people involved? What was Paul's purpose for describing the Rapture (hint: v18)?
- What are some things from this passage / sermon regarding "end time events" that are different than how you understood them previously?
- How is "Christian grieving" different from "worldly grieving"?
Pray for one another