5 Reality Checks about Christians and Conflice:
- Conflicts happen among God's People.
- Conflicts are not always as Simple as "he's Right, and he;s Wrong.
- Conflicts come when my Strengths become my Weaknesses.
- Conflicts can be Used by God.
- It’s never over: Pray for Reconciliation.
Rom 8:28 | Rom 12:18
Col 4:10 - Aristarchus my fellow prisoner greets you, and Mark the cousin of Barnabas (concerning whom you have received instructions—if he comes to you, welcome him)...
2 Tim 4:11 - Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is very useful to me for ministry.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 15:36-41
Explain what caused the argument between Paul and Barnabas (see Acts 13:13). Who do you naturally side with? Why?
Why doesn't the Bible explicitly say who was in the right? What does this say about some conflicts we go through today?
Why do you think God used both "teams", despite the fact that the reason they separated wasn't exactly noble?
Pray for anyone YOU are having / have had conflict with in the past. Pray for God to open an obvious door for reconciliation!