Note: The time signatures [00:00] below indicate the start of a question if you'd like to skip to a particular one of interest in the audio file.
- [03:02] - Q: How long were Adam and Eve in the Garden before the fall?
A: See Genesis 4:1 - Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, "I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord."
- [04:13] - Q: Was there pain before the fall?
A: See Genesis 3:16 - ...I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing...
- [06:53] - Q: What is your favorite color?
A: Grey (U.K. spelling...it must be a Chicora thing)
- [07:19] - Q: God has created us to glorify Himself. What do I say to someone who says this is selfish of God?
A: John Piper - "God's passion for His glory is the essence of His love for us."
- [12:00] - Q: Can you explain the basics of what it means to be the spiritual head of the household? How does a man successfully do this? Also, are there any study aids that reference relevant scriptures on this subject?
A: See: 1 Corinthians 11:3 - ...the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband…
Ephesians 5:23 - For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
Genesis 3:16 - …your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.
1 Timothy 5:8 – But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
- [18:20] - Q: What happened to Enoch?
A: See Genesis 5:24 - Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him.
Hebrews 11:5 - By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God.
- [20:17] - Q: In Ezra, 8:15, what is the significance of stating that none of the sons of Levi were present?
A: See Ezra 8:15
- [25:00] - Q: Can you please squash the "Abraham's bosom" doctrine so I can share this with people who tell me I'm wrong.
A: See Luke 16:19
- [29:03] - Q: As a Christian, do we need to follow the Ten Commandments to be pleasing to God, and to be blessed by Him?
A: See Ephesians 1:3 | 2 Cor 5:21 | Rom 8:1-5
- [33:30] - Q: If murder is a sin, does that make the military or killing in self-defense sinful?
A: See Numbers 35:9
- [36:06] - Q: What kinds of things did Jesus do for fun? What did he find funny/entertaining?
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Review and discuss any of the questions and answers given on Sunday's Q&A day together. Have you found any additional biblical support for the answers given?
Pray for one another.