Guest Speaker - Dr. David Whitcomb
The story is based on Acts chapters 19-20, Ephesians, and 1 & 2 Timothy. This will be a high level overview, so all students of the Word must search these Scriptures to see if the story and its implications are true.
- Building the Church at Ephesus
- Paul founded the church with 12 Jews (Acts 19:1-8)
- Paul left the synagogue and taught the people Daily for Two years. (Acts 19:9-10)
- The name of Jesus was Magnified (Acts 19:17-20)
- Paul later sent a letter, recognizes as God’s Word, called Ephesians.
- Ch. 1 - Believers are chosen by God and blessed in over Thirty ways (Eph 1:3).
- Ch. 2 - God has united the Jews and gentiles into one Body (Eph 2:16, 19)
- Ch. 3 - The Holy Spirit indwells and strengths the Inner man (Eph 3:16)
- Ch. 4 - God gives each member of the body special Gifts (Eph 4:11-12, 16)
- Ch. 5 - God gives us Examples of how to live (Eph 5:1-2; cf 1 Cor 4:16-17)
- Ch. 6 - God provides Everything for us so that in evil days, we will be able to Stand (Eph 6:13).
Believers must be Strong (Eph 6:10)
- Demetrius opposes Paul because of Money (Acts 19:23-27)
- People riot because the Truth challenges their Lifestyles (Acts 19:28-29)
- God protects the church through Government (Acts 19:34-36)
- Destructive forces are coming from among the Leaders (Acts 20:28-30)
- There will be false teachers (2 Peter 2:1-2)
- Certain persons crept in unnoticed (Jude 3-4)
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 19-20, Ephesians, 1 & 2 Timothy
Pray for one another.