The Good Shepherds Job Qualifications:
- Committed Love (Jn 10:11-13)
- Uniting Love (Jn 10:14-16)
- Obedient Love (Jn 10:17-18)
Why is obedience important to the follower of Christ?
- Obedience is evidence that we Know God.
- Obedience is evidence that we Love God.
- Obedience is evidence that we Trust God.
1 John 2:3 - And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.
John 14:15 - If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
Deuteronomy 6:24 - And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always...
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Review John 10:11-21
- Why does Jesus say (four times!) that he is “laying down His life for the sheep (Jn 10: 11,15,17,18)? How does that make you view the cross?
- How would you describe the place obedience has in a Christian’s life?
- In what area do you struggle the most with obedience? Why? What steps are you taking to honor God in this area of your life?
- Pray for one another.