The Universal Requirement:
The path of Sin to Depression:
- A SIN is committed.
- We feel GUILTY over our mistake.
- We DELAY confession and repentance.
- The growing guilt caused by our conscience leads to DEPRESSION .
Defeating Depression "caused by" Sin: (Ephesians 4:17-32)
- Get SERIOUS. (Eph 4:17-24)
- Get SPECIFIC. (Eph 4:25-29)
- Get STRATEGIC. (Eph 4:25-29)
- Get SECURE. (Eph 4:30-32)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Ephesians 4:17-32
- What does it mean to “grieve the Holy Spirit”? What does that have to do with sin and depression?
- What should motivate Christians to turn from sin, even though they are already forgiven?
Are there any sins in your life right now that are causing depression? What steps do you need to take in dealing with it?