Some stats about Depression:
Three categories of Depression:
Category 1: Mild, biblical example JESUS
Category 2: Moderate, biblical ex. ASAPH (Psalm 73)
Category 3: Severe, biblical ex. DAVID (Psalm 32)
Five biblical truths about Depression:
- Depression is expected in a FALLEN world.
- Depression is expected from those that don't know JESUS .
- Depression is dispelled by the WORD and WORK of God.
- Depression is possible for believers, because we still live in the FLESH.
- Depression someday will be HISTORY !
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
- Why do you think depression is so prevalent? What do you think are the top reasons Christians get depressed?
Read, as a group, Psalms 73 and 32. Discuss: Why were Asaph and David depressed? How did it affect them? What did they do about it? Does the end of each Psalm have a different tone than the beginning? What principles can you pull out of these in dealing with depression in your own life?
Are you dealing with depression, on any level, right now? Why? How can the group pray for you?