- Don't LISTEN to yourself.
- "I'm the ONLY one that has to deal with this!"
- "God doesn't CARE !"
- "God is not in CONTROL !"
- "I can't DEAL with this!"
- PREACH to yourself. (Job 1-2)
- Nothing happens without God's PERMISSION . (Job 1:12, Job 2:6)
- Nothing is MINE . (Job 1:21)
- Nothing diminishes God's GOODNESS . (Job 1:21)
- Nothing God does is "EMPTY". (Job 1:22)
4 Terrible Sermons after a Crisis (of any kind/degree):
1 Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
4 Truths to Preach to yourself after a Crisis:
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Job 1-2
- When facing a crisis, EVENT + INTERPRETATION = RESPONSE. How can you properly interpret an event? What are some wrong interpretations you need to avoid?
- What is wrong with the oft-repeated counsel from Christians, “God doesn’t give you any more than you can handle? (Read 1 Corinthians 10:13)
- When Satan appeared before God, why do you think God initiated the conversation about Job’s uniqueness, blamelessness, and uprightness (Job 1:8)?
Are there any hardships “causing” depression in your life? Share them and pray.