Why I Must Fight My Sin:
- Because my sin Dishonors God. (Col 3:5)
- Because my sin Brings serious consequences. (Col 3:6)
- Because my sin Belongs in the past. (Col 3:7-10)
- Because my sin Ruins relationships. (Col 3:8-11)
Review: Psalm 16
Review: Romans 6:1-2
Review: 1 Cor 10:13
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Colossians 3:5-11
When you sin, what are you telling God with your actions? Why do we at times
believe that sin is more satisfying than God? Why can sin never compare to a
relationship with Christ?
Even though we are new in Jesus, why do we choose to go back to our old ways
of living? How can we fight against the temptation to go back to the old self?
Does sin only ever affect us? How does it hurt other people? How can we help each other to fight against sin?
- Confess the recurring sin(s) in your life that you struggle with. Pray for one another and develop an accountability plan to grow in your support among each other.