Personal Evangelism 101:
- Look for those that are Seeking. (Acts 8:26-29)
- Meet people where they Are. (Acts 8:30-35a)
- Make it about Jesus. (Acts 8:35b)
- Encourage a Decision. (Acts 8:36-40)
Review: John 4
- What is baptism?
Baptism is a visible, God-chosen, God-commanded, response to my faith. See Acts 2
- Who is baptism for?
It is for people who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Common Excuses for not getting Baptized:
- "I was baptized when I was a baby."
- "I'd offend my parents and and family." See Acts 5:29
- "I need to wait until I'm on track spiritually."
- "I don't like being in front of people."
- "I need to pray about it."
It is the profession of faith. See Rom 6:1-5
It is to be done immediately upon belief.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 8:26-40
How can you tell if an unsaved person YOU know (coworker, gym buddy, neighbor, whatever) is seeking?
In Acts 8:35, we see Philip’s message was about Jesus. What specifically do unsaved people need to know about Jesus?
*Imagine a Christian friend of yours never got baptized, but asked you, "Why should I get baptized?" How would you answer this?
Pray for one another.