Rebooting Humanity.(Genesis 6 , 8)
Review / Intro:
- Why did God decide to destroy the earth?
- How did God destroy the earth?
Genesis 6:13-19 | Genesis 7:11-12, 17, 23
How do we know the Flood wasnt just a local event?
- What Resulted from the Flood?
Five Results of the Flood
- God promised to never flood the Earth again (Gen 8:21)
- God commanded man (again) to fill the Earth (Gen 9:1)
- Animals are now afraid of Man (Gen 9:2)
- Man is now told to eat meat (Gen 9:3)
- Man is given the first Man-Man Law: Death Penalty (Gen 9:6)
- What does the flood Teach us?
- Judgment is coming – Don't ignore it! Matthew 24:36-39
- God always provides a way of escape – Don't miss it! (John 3:16)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Genesis 6-9
Why did God flood the earth? Explain man’s condition based on Genesis 6:5.
What are some evidences that this was literally a global flood as described in Genesis 6-9?
What does it mean that God was “sorry that He had made man on the earth” (Genesis 6:6)? What does this tell you about God?
Genesis 6:8 says "Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord". What was the basis of that favor? See Hebrews 11:7
Pray for one another. Pray specifically about our church and its leadership as we prepare to move to a new permanent church building.