Intro / Review:
Witnessing for Christ: 3 Things You Should Never Assume:
- Don't assume Religious people are saved. (Acts 19:1-7)
- 1 Cor 3:16
- 1 Cor 6:19
- Rom 8:9
5 Clear Evidences for Biblical Transformation:
- You have a new love for God's Word. (1 Pet 2:2)
- You have a new awareness of right and wrong. (Heb 5:13-14)
- You have a new desire to be like Jesus Christ. (Rom 8:29)
- You have a new desire to proclaim Christ to others. (Col 1:28-29 | Acts 1:8)
- You have a new love for other Christians. (1 John 3:14)
- Don't assume you can win Everybody. (Acts 19:8-9)
- Don't assume you can see All God is doing through you. (Acts 19:10)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 19:1-10
What questions did Paul ask in Acts 19:2-3? What do you think prompted him to ask those questions?
Do you think these disciples (Acts 19:1-7) were saved before Paul ministered to them? Why or why not?
How do you know if you received the Holy Spirit? How can you tell if another person has received the Holy Spirit?
What are the evidences that someone is hardening their heart (Acts 19:9)? How did Paul respond? How should WE respond?
Discuss: Have you held any of the assumptions discussed in the message (religious
people are saved, you can convince anyone into the kingdom, you know all that
God is doing through you)?
Pray: To become a Spirit-powered, God-glorifying witness.