Intro / Review:
Am I Using God, or is God Using Me?
- Am I using God...? (Acts 19:11-16)
- ...Or is God using me? (Acts 19:17-20)
Four Truths You Must Embrace for True Repentance:
- Repentance isn’t Partial.
- Repentance isn’t Procrastinating.
- Repentance is Pricey.
- Repentance is Permanent.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 19:11-20
- Why do you think God used the handkerchiefs and aprons of Paul to heal people?
- Why didn't the "exorcism" work for the sons of Sceva (Acts 19:13-16), even though they used the name of Jesus? What does this tell you about how the power of Jesus "works"?
- Do you think Satan can work miracles today? Discuss 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10. How do you know if a miracle is from God?
- Why is it better that God uses you, than you using God?
Have you ever tried to use God for your own selfish reasons? What got your attention that it wouldn’t work out how you want?
Pray for one another.