Intro / Review:
Death to "Status Quo": Four Reasons You’'d Better Be Urgent in Ministry!
- Because people need Encouraged (Acts 20:1-2)
- Because enemies need Avoided (Acts 20:3-6)
- Because the youth need Engaged to your financial goals. (Acts 20:7-12)
- Because the plans need Made to your financial goals. (Acts 20:13-16)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 20:1-16
- Why did Paul spend so much time encouraging churches? What would have happened to these churches if he hadn't? What does this say about the way WE should encourage others in the church?
- In Acts 20:3, we see that Paul changed his plans so he could avoid the enemies who were after him. How do YOU know who you need to avoid and when? Can we know? If the Bible says to love our enemies, why would we ever avoid them?
- Who do YOU think takes the blame for Eutychus falling asleep (Acts 20:7-12)? Eutychus or Paul? Another option?
- What are ways the church can keep youth from disengaging? How can you help?
Who do you know from our church that needs encouraged right now? Name that person to your breakout group, pray for them, and then you have 24 hours to encourage that person in some way (text, email, call, letter, card, your choice!).