- Should I have unbelieving friends?
- When is it wise to associate with non-Christians?
Case Study #1 Ruth and Naomi Leading Towards the Lord (Ruth 1)
Case Study #2 Lot and Sodom Leading Away from the Lord (Genesis 13-19)
- Unwise friendships first Disarm you (Prov 22:24-25)
- Unwise friendships ultimately Destroy you (Prov 22:21-22)
Case Study #3
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Proverbs 13:20
- Proverbs 22:24-25 tells us that we become like those with whom we spend time. Why do you think this happens? That is, why do we naturally start to act like the people we are around?
- If you realize a friendship is harmful (rebellion against God or “king”), how do you go about getting out of harm’s way? (Proverbs 13:20) Do you dissolve the friendship, spend less time with the friend...? How do you “break that off”?
- What specifically would you do as a parent if you discovered your late adolescent or teen child had an unwise friendship (causing them to rebel, etc)?
- How can you ensure that you are leading a person to the Lord instead of them leading you away from the Lord? How do you know who is influencing who?
- Do you have any friendships that have a negative effect on your walk with Christ? What are you going to do about it in light of the Word of God?
- Pray for one another.