- A question for God: Where are you when we need you? (Hab 1:1-4)
- The answer: Wait and see! (Hab 1:5-11)
Three truths to embrace while you wait:
- Waiting now means something BIG is coming.
- Sometimes the ANSWER doesn’t look like the ANSWER.
- SUFFERING always comes before GLORY.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Habakkuk 1:1-11
- Is it wrong to question God?
- What social injustice bothers you the most? (anything such as abortion, homosexual marriage, corporate greed, political corruption, etc?)
- How do you react when God seems silent? Do you have a “standoff” with Him (ie you stop praying) or do you pray even more fervently?
- Can you look back on a situation in your own life when God seemed to be silent, but afterwards He brought an answer to your prayer? Tell of a time that you looked back and could see why God “delayed” in answering a prayer.
- What prayer do you want answer for right now in your life?