Four Proofs that Jesus is the Christ:
- We witnessed God's POWER in Jesus' life. (Acts 2:22)
- We witnessed God's SOVEREIGNTY in Jesus' death. (Acts 2:23)
- We witnessed God's VICTORY in Jesus' resurrection. (Acts 2:24-32)
- We witnessed God's PROMISE in Jesus' exaltation. (Acts 2:33-36)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 2:22-36
- Explain Acts 2:23. If this was God's plan, according to His foreknowledge, can those men who crucified Jesus be held guilty? Why or why not?
- Why does Peter spend so little time on Jesus life and death, and so much time on Jesus' resurrection?
- The original purpose of Peter's sermon was to explain the coming of the Holy Spirit. Why, then, did Peter preach about Jesus?
- What promises are attached to the exaltation of Christ (Acts 2:33-36)? What do these promises mean for you and the church?
Pray for one another.