How to Avoid Destruction by Seduction (Proverbs 6:20-35):
- Let God's Word direct you, not your Feelings. (Prov 6:20-24a)
- Watch out for Bait. (Prov 6:24b-25)
- Consider what it Will Cost you. (Prov 6:26-35).
- The consequences are Inevitable. (Prov 6:27-29)
- The consequences will get you no Pity. (Prov 6:30-31)
- The consequences are foolishly Self-Destructive. (Prov 6:32-35)
Proverbs 4:26 - Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure.
I will not ride alone in a car with someone from the opposite sex other than my spouse or immediate family member.
I will not counsel the opposite sex alone– in a closed room or more than once.
I speak often and publicly about my affection for my spouse, when s/he is present and when s/he is not.
I will compliment the opposite sex on character, not appearance.
I will give my spouse total access to my cell phone / computer.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Discussion
Read Proverbs 6:20-35
What was your big “take-away” from this passage / message?
List the consequences this passage lays out that people will face by getting involved in a wrong relationship.
If the danger is so obvious, and so devastating, why is this temptation so alluring?
What “moral fences” have you implemented to protect yourself?
Is there an inappropriate relationship that you have been flirting with? What do you need to do to repent?